An Original Beach House of San Francisco!
Built in 1878 at Great Highway/Fulton Ave, this was one of the First Coast Guard structures here, known as the Golden Gate Lifesaving Station, from which the crew braved the surf to rescue shipwrecked sailors. In 1923, the house was moved to its current location and lifted up onto a new foundation and garage.
A large corner garden and a backyard is shared with the 5 units around the corner at 4575 Cabrillo Street. This home lives separately from the other building, with its own garage, driveway, and entry on 47th Avenue.
Location Location! 1 block to Golden Gate Park, 2 blocks to Ocean Beach, Lands End, Cliff House, Sutro Heights. Short hop to the many well known Outer Richmond neighborhood amenities (shopping, dining, recreation). 1 block to Muni, and easy I-280 freeway access via the Great Highway.
• Upper Level: 3 bedrooms, 1 full bath, and exclusive-use deck.
• Main Floor: formal entry and stairway up, west-facing living room, kitchen with dining room, small office and half bath.
• Garage: 2 car tandem parking, bonus room, unwarranted bath, and storage/workshop.
• Shared back yard area and corner garden
- Price: Listed at $1,298,000
- Living Space: 1808 Sq. Ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Baths: 2
- Lot Size: 4789 Sq. Ft.